This is a rewind post from last fall that had a lot of response and is a great reminder for young ladies. You may also, dig: Dang, It’s Valentine’s Day Weekend! What Every Single Person Should Know.
Young lady friends, many of you are back at school or work for two main reasons: 1. You have to be. 2. Guys. With all the new digs and such and all the pressure to be like everyone else, you may be tempted to sell out and blend in. Let me share with you what it was that first made me attracted to my wife back in the day. Maybe this will be helpful for you. Yes, she was extremely good looking and is more so every day. Yes, she is way out of my league. Still, that’s really not what made me fall for her for good. Soon I’ll write about why I still love her today. Here is a list of seven things that made me fall for her back then:
- She feared God, not people. By this, I don’t mean that she looked for dark alleys to walk down (she’s tough and all, but she still avoids the dark alleys…) What I do mean is that her standards were not determined by others. Others change, just like trends, seasons and pop culture. God doesn’t. So, I knew her standards wouldn’t change when it was no longer convenient for her. Her respect of God gave me the ultimate respect of well, her. How about you? So who do you fear the most?
- Ultimately, her faith was not in me. Wow, did this take the pressure off! As much as I had things going for me in college (joke…cough….joke), I was bound to mess up and disappoint her. Actually, within a few weeks of dating, I seemed to accomplish this. I totally disappointed her. But she trusted God through it! If our relationship was built off of faith in me and my abilities, what would happen when I have an off day? The results would not be pretty. Don’t put your faith in guys; we will totally let you down!
- She was hard working and didn’t sit around dragging through each day, every day. She had ambition for family, success in life and relationships. If I wasn’t around for a few days, she was cool. Her identity wasn’t built around me. Great, this took the pressure off! Check. Work hard, but don’t try too hard. Big difference.
- She was respectful and modest. She left things a mystery, if that makes sense… This was way more attractive to a young dude than someone who had zero modesty, which is something guys really don’t respect all that much. Give respect, get respect.
- She loved her dad. I noticed the way she reacted and loved her father. If she would treat me with half that much respect some day, I was in! Love your dad, and if he wasn’t that great of a dad, try to forgive him.
- Her inner beauty made her more beautiful all together. She was certainly beautiful on the outside, but it was her compassion, her gentleness and her love for other people that made her truly beautiful. She showed her faith by her actions and I liked that a lot! Be beautiful on the inside, this is what matters most.
- Her friends were uplifting to her and other people. Her friends were fun to be around and still are to this day. Birds of a feather flock together, right? So, if your friends bring you down and no one else wants to hang out with them, you may consider the value of their friendships. Ditch the crows yo, you are created to be unique!
Can any one relate? What makes it so hard for young ladies to be themselves? Please share. My little girl is only two, but I’m taking notes now!