1. Know that God can relate. His family has been broken for a long time.
2. Talk to Him about it. He will listen and help you.
3. Know that you can be different. So can your marriage
4. Get help. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
5. Talk to a Biblical counselor. They will help you.
6. Don’t wait, do it today! Each day you wait is a day you could be growing in your marriage.
7. Lay down your pride and get help. Seriously, get over your pride.
8. Don’t Give Up!
9. It’s too late for band-aids; you may need surgery.
10. Get space in your life. You may need to let go of something for awhile.
11. Do something.
12. Be patient. It probably took a long time to get this way. It’s not going be healed overnight.
13. Healing won’t be easy, scars are real and often permanent. Healing is possible though!
14. Commit to praying for your spouse daily.
15. Ask yourself what YOU can do to change.
16. Talk with your spouse and try to listen twice as much as you talk.
17. Don’t Give Up! Please.
18. Know your kids need to see a real marriage, not a fake one. Get help.
19. Seek forgiveness from God. You are not perfect, nor is anyone else.
20. Confess any secrets you need to confess to your spouse.
21. Change what you can you control: how you respond, your thoughts, your attitude.
22. What else can you control? Your speech.
Ok, we’d love to hear your thoughts about these tips. Which ones resonate with you the most and why? What other tips would you like to add for the rest of our readers. We’d love to hear them in the comments below!
TheWayItCouldBe.com is a site promoting cultural impact through personal and spiritual transformation. Post topics include family, faith, leadership and other stuff. Feel free to browse around by category. If you dig the site, you can subscribe for free email updates by simply entering your email address in the sidebar out to the right. – Chad