40 Ways to Worship God When You’re NOT at Church
Re-post: Certain people think some things are spiritual while other things are secular. I tend to think that God created everything, and that real worship transcends the church experience on the weekend and leaks out into every part of a person’s life. It’s not that corporate worship isn’t extremely important (see Lone Ranger Christianity); it is vital in the life of the church! It just doesn’t stop there.
These aren’t ways to earn God’s love, be a better Christian or anything like that. Impossible. Instead, true worship comes out of a heart that has been transformed and filled by Him and what has been done for you. Real worship can’t help but express true gratitude through the everyday life.
Here are 40 Ways to Worship God When You’re NOT at church:
1. Listen to Willie Nelson, I think God likes Willie Nelson.
2. Worship Him while brushing your teeth.
3. Thank him for clean, running water.
4. Worship him while shaving. Don’t lose focus, you may cut yourself!
5. Thank him long beards aren’t still in.
6. Watch the sunset and compliment Him for it.
7. Be honest in your business dealings.
8. Respect your spouse, He loves this.
9. Write a friend a note, thanking God for them.
10. Thank him when you are belittled or mistreated, he can relate.
11. Sit still and be silent.
12. Respect people who are different than you.
13. Do nothing for a whole day.
14. Do something for someone else for a whole day.
15. Grow a mustache and thank God for enough confidence to walk around with that thing on your face. Here is mine.
16. Go in your closet and round up your favorite clothes and give them away.
17. Read the news and prayer for those in need.
18. Read the news and do something about those in need.
19. Feed someone who is poor, this is real worship.
20. Do the best you can at whatever you are doing today.
21. Honor God in your thought life.
22. Stop worrying! Don’t worry about things you don’t have control over.
23. Stop being lazy! Do something about what you have control over.
24. Sing in your car at the top of you lungs.
25. Love your neighbor, then pray for them.
26. Love your enemies, then serve them.
27. Share an encouraging word with someone.
28. Paint a painting, this is worship.
29. Write a song and share it with someone else.
30. Do what you love and know that this can be worship.
31. Watch nature; it is worshipping its Creator by doing what it is designed to do.
32. Don’t judge people, love them instead.
33. Mow your neighbors yard for them.
34. Read Youversion.com today for 5 minutes.
35. Clean your house and talk to him while you do it.
36. Listen, don’t talk.
37. Write about ways to worship God when you are NOT at church.
38. Love your kids; you can raise spiritual champions that change the world!
39. Eat meat and thank God for it or decide not to eat meat and thank God for it.
40. Invite someone to church for Easter, you never know the impact you can make.
What are other creative ways to worship God? Please feel free to add to the list!!
Dig TheWayItCouldBe.com? Subscribe by email at the top of the page by clicking on the envelope icon.