5 Differences Between a Talker & a Leader
TheWayItCouldBe.com is a site promoting cultural impact through personal and spiritual transformation. Post topics include family, faith, leadership and other stuff. Feel free to browse around by category. If you dig the site, you can subscribe for free email updates by simply entering your email address in the sidebar out to the right.
Re-post- Thomas Jefferson once said, “Don’t talk about what you have done or what you are going to do.” He was surrounded by many great men, but experienced a sharp distinction between those who spoke well and those who lead well.
His quote brings about a great question: What is the real difference between someone who can talk well and someone who can truly influence others? Simply stated, What is the difference between a TALKER and a LEADER? Here are 5 Differences Between a Talker & a Leader:
1. A TALKER knows how to talk the talk. They can talk a good game & look good doing it. A LEADER knows how to walk the walk. They let their actions speak louder than their words and don’t care as much about how it makes them look.
2. A TALKER shares what THEY think is important. A LEADER develops a shared vision that OTHERS can own, one that both they AND those they lead hold important.
3. A TALKER always has to give input, even if that input does not contribute to the conversation. A LEADER always seeks input from others, allowing such input to contribute to the conversation.
4. A TALKER has to talk about what he has done, what he will do & what others are not doing right. A LEADER has to talk about what those he leads have done, what he sees in them & both his successes and failures.
5. A TALKER has great ideas, great intentions and great motivation. A LEADER turns ideas into action, intentions into follow through and motivation into impact!
In your leadership, are you talking the talk or walking the walk? In your family, are you talking the talk or walking the walk? In your faith, are you talking the talk or walking the walk? Are you a TALKER or a LEADER?
Now it’s your turn. What is another difference between a Talker and a Leader? Love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. I bet we can grow this list pretty quickly!
Speaking of hearing your thoughts, I’d love some feedback through our 2010 Reader Survey if you haven’t done the survey already. You may also want to check out 40+ Great new blogs you should read & the Top Posts of 2010!