70 Ways To Save Your Marriage Before It’s Too Late
Re-post: We all know that marriages around the world are on the rocks and ending every day. The casualties are high. When the dust settles, scars take a long time to heal. Some never do.
Are you next? Hopefully not, but perhaps you should make some decisions today to keep from becoming the next statistic. Who knows, maybe you’ll decide to not just save your marriage, but take steps to make it vibrant and life-giving. Are you ready to lay down all your chips to make things healthy or are you still on the fence? Make the choice to be “all in” today.
Here are 70 Ways to Save Your Marriage Before it’s Too Late:
1. Stop looking to your spouse to complete you.
2. Get ready to step up your game; you’re going to have to fight for it.
3. Don’t treat your spouse like your mother or maid.
4. Know marriage is a daily sacrifice, not a fairy tale.
5. Know marriage can be a blast!
6. Pray together.
7. Pray for your spouse; ask them what they need.
8. Ask for prayer from someone else.
9. Believe when you pray.
10. Don’t just pray, do something.
11. Don’t give up.
12. Get help.
13. Don’t just do it for your kids, do it for your spouse.
14. Don’t leave your underwear on the floor.
15. Don’t leave the dishes in the sink.
16. Do the little things to show your spouse you care about them.
17. Honor your spouse with your words.
18. Honor your spouse with your actions.
19. Commit to going on a monthly date.
20. Commit to going on a yearly vacation.
21. Write a note or a letter explaining your feelings.
22. Pray about it before you give the note to your spouse.
23. Work on your marriage; it will not save itself.
24. Get out of debt; this will multiply your problems.
25. Learn to live below your means.
26. Talk about how you spend your money.
27. Ask yourself if your priorities in life are straight.
28. Change your priorities if they are out of whack.
29. Don’t fantasize about other people.
30. Don’t talk about intimate things with the wrong people.
31. Stop being stubborn; you can change!
32. Admit when your wrong.
33. When you are right, admit you are wrong.
34. Quit trying to be right all the time.
35. If happiness is your god, this list is not going to help you.
36. If your opinions are your own god, this list will not help you.
37. If you are unwilling to change, this list will not help you.
38. Put your spouse before your kids, unless you want to be strangers on graduation day.
39. Quit acting like you have it all together.
40. Be real with someone you can trust about where you are in your marriage.
41. Surround yourself with the right people.
42. Your friend that has never been married may or may not be the right person.
43. Look up to those who have life experience and ask them for help.
44. Husbands, take the lead spiritually. Quit waiting on you wife to lead.
45. Let go of the past and forgive each other.
46. Set three goals this month for your marriage.
47. Make the goals specific and measurable.
48. Create a few action steps for each goal.
49. Quit believing things will get better on their own.
50. Know you are going to have to fight for it.
51. Sacrifice something you love for someone you love more.
52. Make your spouse number Two and your kids number Three.
53. Make God number One.
54. Talk to one another daily and often.
55. Learn to really hear your spouse, not just listen. There is a difference.
56. Honor your spouse always.
57. Build trust where trust is broken, be vulnerable.
58. Trust starts with making and keeping small commitments.
59. Be physically intimate often.
60. Be emotionally intimate first.
61. Check your life priorities and change them if needed.
62. Keep your small commitments.
63. Remember the important things.
64. Celebrate small victories.
65. Don’t give up.
66. Get free from addiction.
67. See how kind you can be to one another.
68. Don’t just read this list, doing something!
69. Pick 5 things you can do this week and do them!
70. Ok, I can’t think of any more, but I think you should have enough things to work on…
What other tips do you have? Do you disagree with anything I’ve listed? Love to hear your thoughts in the comments below…
Welcome to TheWayItCouldBe.com, a site promoting cultural impact through personal and spiritual transformation. Post topics include creativity, family, faith, culture, social media and leadership. Feel free to browse around by category. If you dig the site, you can subscribe for free email updates by simply entering your email address in the sidebar out to the right. Thanks for visiting – Chad